Friday, May 1, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

For the first time in our life together, my DH and I allowed the weather to dictate a major change in plans. Oh it affects little things all the time ... do I go walk/run on the road or do I use the elliptical? Do we work in the yard or clean the house? But we have never cancelled a weekend away because of the weather and we did today. We are suppose to be camping with the church this weekend, but we said not in this rain. They are calling for buckets of rain to fall in the next 3 days. Like 2-5 inches (of rain, not snow). THe James River rose 10' overnight!! 10'! Yikes. So while I am bummed. There is an upside... I can hopefully get some more projects wrapped up at work. I can give the house a thorough cleaning before leaving. Anyway, it is still raining. It makes me glad I live on top of the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment