Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pedal to the Metal

Work has been crazy. I am busting my butt to get this project done and I'm just not there despite working 7:30 to 5:30 or 6 Monday through Thursday last week. Then 6:30 to 12:30 on Friday, 8 am to noon on Saturday, noon to 2 on sunday, and then 7 am to 5:45 yesterday. UGH. These have been productive days too. Not wasting a whole lot of time. I have to leave at 5 today to get Bill to Willard by 6. I just don't have much left in me. I have been going to bed early and sleeping well and I like coming in at 7 and working to 5 vs coming in at 8 and working to 6, but I am working to 6 most nights anyway. The crazy thing is that Brandon was laid off. I do get it. He doesn't have my education or Troy's experience and in almost 3 years he never showed a real initiative to take his skills to the next level. What i have been busting my rear on since Friday he can't do. Actually everything I have worked on in the last 3 weeks, he can't do. But it puts additional pressure when a coworker is laid off.

Anyway, I need to get back to grading out this entrance. I just wish it would work so I can move on to the walls. I wanted the walls done yesterday, but I will be lucky to get them done by the time I leave today. It is so metally exhausting doing grading that I am physically wiped out when it is done. I feel like I am neglecting Bill by working this hard. It is part of the reason I keep coming in earlier and earlier so that I can spend time with him in the evenings. I took Friday afternoon off to spend time with him. 2 more weeks and he will be able to drive and that will help and having Kevin around helps.

Bill and I did break down and "violate" doctor's orders last night. That was nice because I'm not sure I was going to last the next 2 weeks. We've had stretches where we haven't done it that often, but we rarely went a week without at least fooling around. 3 weeks without even an attempt and the month before that was pretty ummm ... dry. I am so ready for him to be better and I am ready for this stupid project to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment