Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random Thoughts Feb 11 edition

So it looks like we are getting surveying equipment dirt cheap. That is fine. I am considering it part of Bill's severance package. Bill already has a bid in to do some work for Mike. That will cover about 1/3 the cost of the equipment. So if we get 3 projects that size, this venture will officially be in the black. I'm excited.

In other scary exciting news our checking account is nearing $25k in it. Considering I try not keep more than $100 in it, this is an insane amount. The $20k from house sale is on "hold" and then our state refund is pending. Of course we have medical bills pending. Probably around $3k and then we are going to be shelling about $4k for surveying equpment. That is a scary proposition to have $7k all ready spent. I'm not sure how to treat the $4k for surveying equipment. I guess the minute we shell out money I need to set up a business spreadsheet at the very least. I want to make sure we know what we spend "business money" on etc. While I think it is going to be easiest to start small and grow from there. I think there are things that get left out when "oh it is just a side job". I think I would like to see this grow into DH's full time job. I just think he would be happier. I think if Kevin is around he will help us out on the logistics of business side. Anyway, I am just rambling. Excited at the possibilities. Bill has had several offers to contract for contractors, but he has always needed them to set him up with equipment and now he doesn't. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment