Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thoughts on the Day

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090121/pl_politico/17714

That is the BEST article that sums up my skeptisism on the presidency (and in politicians as a whole). Finally someone speaks up (of course it is after the inauguration, but at least someone did it).

For being a person of faith, I am extremely skeptical. I have faith in God, I have faith in my family, I have faith in my friends. I even have faith that someday the Cubs will win the world series, but I don't have faith in politicians.

Ok, back to personal crisis. It turns out that Bill's Health Insurance does their deductibles on a calender year, not on the policy year. So, suck! Oh, well. The bottom line remains the same that the money won't be available until Friday, but I can't change that. Of course I could always post date a check. It isn't like it will clear until Monday, but I have issues with that (I have been burned in the past with pending funds and used my debit card to pay for a college class...not the same thing, but still leaves me skeptical).

I bought my elliptical 3 years ago and I decided this week to figure out this ifit compatabity thing. Well, it just didn't work the way I had hoped. I don't have the card reader on my machine, I only have plug in and I was disappointed in the lack of selection and I was disappointed that it didn't control the resistance like I thought it should. I do like having the pace coach, but bringing the laptop to the living room to "control" my elliptical was a pain. I have officially decided I stink at DDR. Not that it isn't fun, but holy cow do I need practice. :) My problem is that as I get tired, my eye foot coordination goes away and I actually get worse at it. Anyway, I have been doing good working this month (10 official workout days + 1 DDR only day). I just need to keep it up another 7 weeks and then we will have Daylight savings time which will motivate me to take walks again (assuming it isn't raining) and possibly ride my new bike. By then Bill will be better and we can take walks together (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment