Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Getting Kicked While You Are Down

Bill was laid off yesterday. His department has been eliminated at his job. I am a basket case. Once again, I am just feeling overwelmed by everything and don't feel tough enough or strong enough to handle it. It just feels like too much. I guess the good news is that the house is going to sell. Bill is going to get unemployment. We have $7000 in savings right now ($5000 in EF, $1000 for propane and car insurance and $1000 for "fun"). My salary does almost cover our expenses, with unemployment we shouldn't have any issues.

So, I am just trying to figure out everything we need to do. Friday, Bill has to come and clean out his desk and I want him to make sure he has health insurance for the next month. Then he gets to file unemployment and go job hunting. I guess for March; I will put him on my insurance. I know he doesn't really want to because I have St. Johns and he has Cox, but his insurance is SO expensive (like $400 a month and that is with a $2500 deductible-or will be March 1, and yeah it is 90% coverage when mine is 80%).

Anyway, maybe this is a good thing. Maybe having time to heal and not worry about work will be good. All I know is that I scarfed down some potato chips and am drinking a Mt. Dew at 11 am which has not been me at all.

Our pastor called last night and Bill didn't even have the heart to tell her he had been laid off. We'll wait until tomorrow at choir and make that announcement! UGH! I'm just overwelmed, but doing better. Poor Troy made the comment that now that Bill is better he is going to quit his job and I just started bawling. I said well he doesn't have a job to quit any more. Troy felt awful about that, but it wasn't his fault. We'll be fine. I just need to figure out how to pull it together a little better and get a plan together. I had run through a bunch of scenarios last fall in which Bill lost his job or I was on maternity leave. Of course I didn't have unemployment added in. Sigh. If it isn't one thing it is another.

No comments:

Post a Comment