Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter and some randomness

This weekend was great. From getting off work early on Friday and making up a recipe for chicken cordon blea, to the easter egg hunt and watching little Delaney while confirmation class was going on on Saturday. Sunday was raining, but Sunrise service and breakfast was a blast. Plus we finally learned our song and regular service rocked. Watching Janine just belt out the songs and kind of dance it just is fun. Plus Alex was hilarious swaying between his brother and Lucas. Then yesterday Bill and I were all ummm romantic. Took a bath together cuddled on the couch. Then in the evening we played a firous game of dominos. Our poor children hopefully will never realize how uber competitve we are. I got pissy and told Bill to sleep on the couch (which I ironically he did, but not because I said so). All in all it was a good weekend.

My mom has repeatedly made the comment that when she is in her 80s that she will not have to be told to go to an assisted living, that she (and dad) will do it on their own. In fact, they have mentioned that in about 10 years they will probably sell the house and move to something smaller. It is a little crazy that they have planned that far ahead, but all the trouble that they have had with their parents and aunts have left them SAYING that they will move on their own. I guess every generation that lives a little longer has their own issues to think about. Hopefully, in 50 years I'll know my limitations as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment