Sunday, April 19, 2009

What a week

It was not personally overly crazy. I was just at Tan-Tar-A for a conference Wed-FRi. That was nice, but boohoo i missed Bill. I've been a bit clingy since I got home. But the conference was good and I plan on going back next year unless I have a newborn. :)

Mom said Tuesday both Sue R and Sue W died. I think they were both 70, which really isn't that old, is it? Sue R's daughter is 3 years older than me. She had contracted ensephilitius last summer and they treated it as a stroke for several days before they realized it wasn't a stroke. By then it was too late. The damage was done. Her poor daughter got married last summer and her mom was in a vegative state and just never came out of it. Sue W had pancreatic cancer. She went for emergancy surgury Monday and was gone on Tuesday. So sad. Mom said they were college roomies and came to Henry together to teach. I never knew that. Funny how you only learn about things when people die.

Then Wednesday Kristin emailed me and said she had moved in with Ian in Evanston. I am really happy for her. They are getting married in Nov and it makes me super happy. Then ironically Kathryn emailed me Thursday to say that she and Loan bought a house and she'll be moving in with him in May. Yeah. My engaged friends are finally going to get to live in the same town as their fiance's for the first time in years.

Today while the confirmation class was meeting I was talking to Daniel. He asked me when Bill and I were going to have kids and I was like whenever. You know 9 or 10 months. LOL. I kind of blushed when I said that. Then I asked if he and Michelle were going to have #2, he was like we're trying. We kind of laughed at the people who have it all planned out. I wish. God definately has a little something to say about it. Bill was a little embarassed that I actually told Daniel 9 or 10 months, but its Daniel. Plus it helped that he and Michelle are trying. While we aren't really close to them for a number of reasons, they are nice and good parents with similar values. (Although Michelle is super bossy).

No comments:

Post a Comment