Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We're singing Go Cubs Go ...

Go Cubs Go
Hey Chicago What do you say
The Cubs are going to win today.

I know it is just opening day. 161 Regular season games remain. Up to 19 post season games are possible. But what a GREAT way to start the year. Beating the stalwart ace of a divisional rival. It doesn't matter that the 'Stros are going to send Wandy Rodrigios to the mound today. No not at all. What matters is the TEAM had an awesome day. Not just Big Z. Not just Soriano or Rameriez. But Fontenot, Soto, and Theriot (and I LOVE the combination of them hitting in that order, AWESOME fundementals ... although Theriot is the one without any power so maybe he needs to be higher up, but whatever). DLEE didn't get on base, but his D rocked our worlds. Milton Bradley (who names their child MILTON with a last name of Bradley, come on parents ... it is almost as good as Wandy) played a solid left field and drew a walk. Heilman threw 1 pitch and got 2 outs. Marmol was filthy (although a bit wild) and Gregg was interesting, but my god he reminds me of Charlie Sheen in Major League. Since the Cards blew it in the 9th to the Pirates, the Cubbies are currently tied for first with the Pirates. I can handle that.

It is a long year and I am sure my faith in the Cubs may waver from time to time, but playing like they did last night, it is going to be a great year. I will certainly enjoy the ride.

On a side note, since the game was at 6 pm, I decided I would work out during the game. Wow was that a good idea. I hadn't had a solid elipitcal work out in about a month and with Soriano leading off with a homerun it was the motivation I needed to get a 400+ cal burn in (I know that is not accurate, but I think it is a good way to judge the intensity of my workouts).

No comments:

Post a Comment